Twitter

Follow Vanderveeren on Twitter

Freedom in Unity

Your favourite blog managed to obtain EXCLUSIVELY the wedding speech of Yannick Sören Ingmar Vanderveeren. Last summer, the Flemish commoner with Scandinavian roots married H.R.H the Princess of Norway, Ingrid Østbye. In order to avoid exorbitant media attention, the ceremony was held on a secret fairytale location in the middle of the Swedish woods, on the banks of a beautiful lake.

Here below you can read EXCLUSIVELY Vanderveeren's Love Declaration of Dependence and see some of the first officially released pictures.


Dear Ingrid,
Min Prinsessa,

Jag vill leva, jag vill dö i Norden. Ik wil leven, ik wil sterven in Scandinavië.
These are the key words of the Swedish national anthem. Words that guided my life... until I met you.

I saw you for the first time on the Anspach Avenue in Brussels. A street that symbolizes conflict to me. There have been a lot of violent political manifestations, I've seen many football fights and the local car traffic is a big chaos. 

But suddenly you crossed the street and it looked like there was a golden spotlight leading you through the dark. Shiny blond hair, angel eyes and a stunning smile. With the Stock Exchange in the background, Lady Luck was playing on my side.
Later that night, Hege told me that you liked me, which fired up our romance. Tack för det, Hege.

Less than two years later, you moved to Antwerp. I still can't believe an unbelievable girl like you left the most wonderful place on earth to come and live with me.
Every day I realise that Ingrid Østbye is probably the kindest person in the world. I haven't met any other one with so much empathy. Ingrid, you are one hundred percent a caring person.

Actually it's quite logical that you have become such a great person, having such a kind and upright family. Familjen Østbye, I'm sorry for all my cynical jokes, but I just can't handle so much love.

Finally I'm really grateful that you show so much confidence in me, Älskling. Today, my chain may have been locked for eternity, but the air I'm breathing tastes like Freedom in Unity.


'Don't fuck it up' is apparently a popular line to inscribe into Norwegian wedding rings... I'm sure we won't, min Prinsessa. För jag vill leva, jag vill dö med Ingrid Østbye på min sida. Ik wil leven, ik wil sterven met Ingrid Østbye aan mijn zijde.

Jag älskar dig
Ik hou van jou

Filipstad, Sweden, 2014.08.09